Hi Grade One Families,
It was wonderful to meet you all at Meet the Teacher last Tuesday! Thank you for taking the time to come, build community and support the school. We hope you were able to learn a little bit more about the upcoming year.
The Grade Ones have been using their growth mindset to help them this week as we dive into more reading, writing, playing, painting and graphing. The students did a fantastic job with their first Word Study assessment! They were very proud of their hard work and rightfully so!
We have our Walkathon coming up this week! We can’t wait to get outside and walk! Please continue to collect Walkathon pledges. This is a very vital fundraiser for our school community…let’s make it the best one yet!
Here are some notes for the upcoming week:
Word Study Unit: short vowel i
Student of the Week: Olivia C.
- PE class
- French class with Mme. Caprili
- Word Study folder sent home
- Music class with Mr. Kelly
Wednesday ~ Orange Shirt Day
- this is a non-uniform day and students are asked to wear something (preferably a shirt) that is orange to recognize the Indigenous People who have been (and still are) affected by the Residential Schools
- please send a $2 donation for the Orange Shirt Society (www.orangeshirtday.org)
- students will have PE class, but do not need their PE strip
- Assembly today led by Grade 5 & 1
- Word Study Assessment for short vowel i will be next Monday
Thursday ~ Walkathon Day!
- students dress for the weather and the walk (non-uniform)
- students should be at school by 8:40am so that they have time to settle in and use the bathroom before 8:45am
- we will walk to Garden City Play Park and back to school for our Walkathon this year
- please send your child’s water bottle so that they can carry it with them for the walk
- please send a snack for your child to eat once we return to school
- dismissal is at 12:15pm
Friday ~ National Truth and Reconciliation Day
- there is no school on this day as we take time to reflect on how we can promote healing and reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, or write us a note in your child’s agenda. Please be sure to check and initial your child’s agenda everyday. Please be sure to include both teachers in all email correspondence.
Have an amazing week ahead!
Mrs. Dos Santos & Mrs. Teodosio 🙂