Hi Grade One Families,
The children had such a busy week with Halloween celebrations, All Saint’s Day, and All Soul’s Day. Thank you to all families for their generous Halloween treats! The children are so thankful.
On All Saint’s Day, we learned about Saints with our big buddies and created our very own Saint book. On All Soul’s Day, we remembered loved ones and friends that have passed away. Thank you for sending your prayer intentions. We will pray for loved ones throughout the month of November.
Interim letters were sent home today. We hope you enjoy looking at all the wonderful learning opportunities your child has done so far in Grade One through their Interim on Class Dojo. Your children have been working very hard spiritually, socially, and academically and we are looking forward to continuing on this journey with them. Please be sure to fill out the 2 Stars and 1 Wish self-assessment on the back of the Interim Letter that was sent home today. Please bring it back to school no later than Thursday, November 9th.
Here are some notes for the upcoming week:
Word Study Unit: ck /k/
Heart Words: goes & says
Student of the Week: Kurt
Open Parachute Home Unit: Building Resilience
- White Spot Hot Lunch (please bring cutlery)
- Word Study folders go home today
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- French class with Mme. Caprilli
- Music class with Mr. Kelly
- Library today ~ please be sure to return all library books before today
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Buddies today
- Mass Led by Grade 7 @ 9:15 am
- Remembrance Day Assembly @ 10:45 am (led by Grade 6)
- Word Study Assessment: ck /k/
- Please return Word Study folders today
- Pro-D Day (No School)
- Saturday, November 11- Remembrance Day
- Monday, November 13- Remembrance Day Holiday (No School)
- Thursday, November 16- Mass led by Grade 3 @ 9:15 am
- Friday, November 17- Canella Hot Lunch (please bring cutlery)
- Monday, November 20- Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch (please bring cutlery)
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, or write us a note in your child’s agenda. Please be sure to check and initial your child’s agenda everyday. Please be sure to include both teachers in all email correspondence.
Mrs. Dos Santos & Ms. Carroll 🙂