This week, we had a very fun-filled start to full-day Kindergarten! The students all had a great time getting to meet and play with their new friends! The children are continuing to settle nicely into the routines of the classroom and have been showing a strong understanding of our Kindergarten rules.
This Week at a Glance:
Letter of the Week: A
Student of the Week: Ellie
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Toy
Show & Tell: Oliver A.
- PE today
- French today
- First trip to the school library!
Show & Tell: Isaac
- PE today
- Nature Walk today
Show & Tell: Cerena
- Orange Shirt Day
- Please bring please bring in a $2 donation for the Orange Shirt Society
- Students can dress out of uniform, wearing orange
- Hot Lunch Orders due today
- Alphabet and Number flashcards due today
- School Assembly led by Kindergarten and Gr. 7 today
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2:00 pm
- No School- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
- Continue getting those pledges to raise money for our school!
- Dismissal upon arrival at school @ 1:00 pm
Student of the Week and Show & Tell
- Student of the Week – If you child is student of the week, please take the time to document their week by taking pictures (swimming/piano/violin/karate lessons, playing games/toys at home, family outings, etc.) and helping them as much as needed with their writing. Your child will have two activities throughout the week. The poster template and journal book will be provided when your child is student of the week. Please bring them back to school, the following Monday.
- Poster: Please help your child fill out their “All About Me” poster. This includes answering some questions and printing out some pictures so that the class can get to know your child (Miss Guevara and Miss Wu’s sample posters can be found on Class Dojo!).
- Journal: Each child has 1 week to show their classmate what a typical week looks like in their home by documenting their week with their favourite stuffie (sample will be sent home for reference).
- Show & Tell – If it’s your child’s day to Show & Tell, please help them pick an item from home that fits within our theme of the week. Please also ensure they are sending the item on their specified day and help them practice telling 3 clues about their Show & Tell (Example: Basketball 1) orange 2) bounces 3) throw it into a hoop)
Friendly Reminders for this Week:
- “My Reading Book” (yellow duotang) – We encourage you to spend 10 minutes reading daily with your child and send their Reading ‘Book’ inside their homework folder back to school every day.
- Guardian Angel prayer– Please continue practicing the Guardian Angel Prayer with your child as they will be saying it at the school assembly this coming Wednesday. A copy of this prayer can be found in your child’s “My Reading Book.”
- Backpacks – We noticed that some of your children’s backpacks are unable to be fully zipped when their homework folder is placed inside them. Please ensure that your child’s backpack is big enough to fit their homework folder and any other belongings they may carry in it.
- Toys – Unless it is your child’s show and tell, please keep all toys at home, so that they don’t get lost or broken at school.
- Sweaters – Please remember to check your child’s school sweater(s) to ensure they have their own, as we have had a few incidents of lost sweaters. We also kindly remind you to label your child’s sweater so that they can be returned, if they go missing.
- Flashcards– Our fall DIBELS assessment will begin soon. Please send your child’s alphabet and number cards back to school by Wednesday.
- Monday, October 4th– Nova Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Miss Guevara
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org