This week, Kindergarten learned about All Souls Day and reverently prayed for those who have passed. The children also began learning about the significance of Remembrance Day. As a class, we discussed the word service and celebrated all those who have served and are serving our country, by making a soldier craft!
This Week at a Glance:
Letter of the Week: S
Student of the week: Mila
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Toy
Show & Tell: Belle
- Nova Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- PE today
- French today
- Library today ~ please return any library books that were not yet brought back as the children will be bringing home a new book today
Show & Tell: Brandon
- PE today
- Nature Walk today
Show & Tell: Ellie
- Remembrance Day Assembly today
- PE today
- Dismissal @ 2:00
- No School- Remembrance Day
- No School- Professional Development Day
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, and books from home)
- “My Read Well” book– Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- “Our Father” prayer – A copy of the Our Father will be put in your child’s Reading Book on Monday. Please practice this prayer every night with your child as we will begin incorporating it into our Morning Prayer routine.
- SEL Book (green duotang)– Your child will be bringing home another duotang in their homework folder on Monday. This book contains some strategies we have learned in class to be kind and mindful friends! Please review these strategies with your child and place the duotang back inside your child’s homework folder every day.
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- “My Reading” book– This will be sent home every day. Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading (reading book, library books, home books, etc.) with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder every day.
- Scholastic Reading Club– A new Scholastic flyer for November and December was placed in your child’s homework folder this week! If you would like to order (optional), please enter Kindergarten’s class code RC498336 at checkout so that we can receive rewards for our classroom! Thank you in advance for your support.
- Thursday, November 18th– White Spot Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Friday, November 19th– Professional Development Day (No School)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!
Miss Wu & Miss Guevara