This week, we celebrated the Lunar New Year by learning how to write numbers in Chinese and making our very own paper lanterns! The students also discovered how to fold a red pocket and learned that we give these envelopes to others as a symbol of good luck. We wish all Kindergarten families good health, joy, and prosperity!
This Week at a Glance:
Letter of the week: N
Number of the week: 7
Student of the week: Alyssa
Show & Tell Theme: Something I made (i.e. a craft, a painting, etc.)
Show & Tell: Oliver L.
- Empty shoebox and plastic bag due today (please see below)
- Nova Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
- PE today
- French today
- Library today ~ please return any library books that were not yet brought back as the children will be bringing home a new book today
Show & Tell: Joshua
- PE today
- Nature Walk today
Show & Tell: Avila
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Adriel
- School Mass @ 9:00 am ~ Please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- French today
Show & Tell: Tristan
- Signed CSL report folder and envelope due today
- Music today
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, online reading programs, library books, or books from home)
- Shoe Box and Plastic Bag- Please send an empty shoe box, labelled with your child’s name, to school on Monday. We will be decorating these boxes and the children will use them to collect any Valentine cards and treats that are brought in by their friends on Monday, February 14th. Please also provide a plastic bag so that it’s easier for your child to carry their shoe box once filled!
- Theme Binder/Self-Reflection- If you haven’t already done so, please empty out your child’s Theme Binder and complete the 2 Stars and a Wish sheet (found in the pocket of their binder). We ask that you return the empty binder along with their completed self-reflection on Monday. A copy of the self-reflection sheet is attached below, if needed.
- “My Read Well” book– Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- Valentine’s Day– If your child plans on giving Valentine’s Day cards or treats to their classmates, please bring them to school on this day (Monday, February 14th). Keep in mind that we have 29 students in the class. Please be sure that any treats sent are nut-free and individually wrapped. Children are also welcome to come to school wearing red, white, and pink on this day.
- Scholastic Reading Club– A new Scholastic flyer for February was placed in your child’s homework folder this week! If you would like to order (optional), please enter Kindergarten’s class code RC498336 at checkout so that we can receive rewards for our classroom! Thank you in advance for your support.
- CSL Reports- Communicating Student Learning Reports went home today
- Please sign the back of the white folder (you are welcome to leave a comment if you wish)
- Please return the white folder and brown envelope to school by Friday
- Parents keep the report
- Monday, February 14th– Valentine’s Day Celebration and Dress Down Day (red, white, and pink)
- Thursday & Friday, February 17th & 18th- Catholic Educators Conference – No School
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Miss Guevara
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com