It was another exciting week in Kindergarten as we had two guests stop by our classroom. Our first visitor was Saint Nicholas! He visited our classroom over the weekend to leave treats in the children’s shoes. St. Nick even wrote us a letter saying how wonderful our class is at helping others, just like him! And boy, was he right! A heartfelt thanks to all families who have made donations towards our Advent Charity Project, to help those in our community who have been affected by the flooding.
St. Nick then left a special parcel for us at the school office. Inside, was a little elf, who the class decided to name Chippy! Chippy will be with us to make sure that we continue being kind, helpful, and generous to others throughout the remainder of this Advent season!
This week at a glance:
Number of the Week: 2
Student of the week: Avila
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Stuffed Animal
Show & Tell: Sidney
- Nova Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Please bring your own cutlery!
Show & Tell: Olivia P.
- Advent Choral Celebration @ 1:00 pm in the church
- Children will wear their full uniform (including sweater) for the afternoon service
- Advent Choral Celebration @ 7:00 pm in the church
- Please drop off your children in the Kindergarten classroom @ 6:15 pm, wearing their Sunday Best (dresses, skirts, dress pants, suit, etc.)
- Children will be dismissed from the Kindergarten classroom after the evening service
Show & Tell: Klaus
- Kindergarten’s Pyjama Day!
- Your child may dress in their Pyjamas and bring their favourite stuffy for the day!
- Kindergarten’s Advent Party today!
- Please pack a morning snack only (lunch will be provided)
- Thank you to Mrs. Chiu and Mrs. Stavem for organizing this event for our class! Please see below for more details.
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Mila
- School Mass @ 9:00 am ~ Please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- French today
Show & Tell: Jasper
- Last Day of School before Christmas Break
- Christmas Sweater/ Red & Green Dress Down Day
- Dismissal @ 12 noon
- Please pack a morning snack only (NO lunch needed)
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, online reading programs, library books, or books from home)
- “On My Way to Bethlehem” Sheet– Next week, you will find a Journey to Bethlehem sheet inside your child’s Reading Book (yellow folder). During Christmas Break, please have your child colour in one circle every day as we make our way towards Bethlehem and count down the days until Jesus’ birth!
- 2021 Advent Calendar– Continue to read the short Scripture reading and complete the task for each day. Then, colour the star blue when done. Please see the back of the calendar for more information, provided by the Archdiocese of Vancouver.
Christmas in Kindergarten:
Advent Choral Celebration– Our Advent Choral Service is on Tuesday and the tickets to attend were placed inside your child’s homework folder today. Kindergarten will wear their uniform to school on this day for the afternoon service at 1:00 pm and change into their Sunday Best outfits at home, for the evening service.
In the evening, the students are asked to be in the Kindergarten classroom by 6:15 pm dressed in their Sunday Best clothes. The service will begin at 7:00 pm in the church and the children will be dismissed from the classroom when it has ended. Please see the email from Ms. Moorehead for more information.
Kindergarten Advent Party – We will be celebrating Christmas in Kindergarten on Wednesday! Along with a pizza lunch, the students will participate in Christmas themed stations and activities…all the while being cozy in their pyjamas!
Christmas Treat – If you would like to send individual Christmas treats to school for your child’s classmates, please ensure there are no names (except for who they’re from) and that they are nut-free. Children will hand them out on Wednesday during our Advent Party.
Dress Down Days:
- Wednesday, December 15th– Kindergarten will come to school in their pyjamas on this day (same day as our Advent Party)! As the weather is quite cold, please ensure that they have their shoulders and legs covered. Children may also bring a stuffed animal to school on this day!
- Friday, December 17th– Children are welcome to wear a Christmas sweater or come to school dressed in red and green on the last day of school before the holidays!
- Monday, January 4th- School Re-opens
- Friday, January 7th– Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
We hope you have a joyous and restful Christmas break with your families!
Miss Wu & Miss Guevara