Good afternoon Kindergarten families,
This week, we had lots of fun with our new classroom friend Chippy! He brought us lots of new things like a nativity scene, markers and the best surprise, blackberries! We had a great day observing all the changes that happened the berries when we made jam and when we made butter with the cream! There was wonderful learning in the classroom and we hope you enjoyed the jam! Next week is a very busy week so please refer to the email we sent out on Monday.
Our Featured Image
Here’s a picture of us after our JAM-packed day!
This week at a glance:
- Whole School rehearsal for the play
- Hot Lunch – Yummy Pasta
- Christmas Celebration at 1pm and 6:45pm. All welcome!
- Advent Party and Pyjama Day!
- Dismissal @ 2:00
- Mass led by Grade 6, all welcome!
- French with Madame Caprilli
- Hot lunch – White Spot
- We will be sending home the spare clothes and the children’s quiet time blanket. Can you please return them both on the week of January 4th. Please ensure that the spare clothes include; underwear, pants, socks and a sweater.
- The children may bring in treats to share with their friends.
- Dress Down Day- Come to school in your Christmas sweater or red and/0r green!
- Assembly @9:15, led by Grade 3&6, all welcome!
- Noon dismissal.
- Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, and books from home)
- “Our Father” prayer –Please continue to practice this prayer every night with your child as we have incorporated it into our Morning Prayer routine.
- Socks- With the Autumn season in full swing and the expected rain (or snow), we suggest packing an extra pair of socks in your child’s backpack, just in case.
- Last Week Before Christmas Break- Please refer to last Monday’s email, outlining specific details of the last week of school before we go on Christmas break.
- If your child would like to share a Christmas treat with their classmates, please remember to send enough for each student (28).
- We ask that you do not individualize the treats by putting classmates’ names on them but you can write who it’s from (i.e. From: Miss G & Miss Maye) please do not put To: ________).Treats must be nut-free but do not need to be candy. They can be cards, stickers, pencils etc.
- Monday, December 12th – Yummy Pasta Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Tuesday, December 13th- Christmas Celebration @ 1 pm & 6:45 pm
- Wednesday, December 14th- Kinder Advent Celebration and Pyjama Day @ 11:15 am – 2 pm
- Friday, December 16th- Dress Down Day – Ugly Christmas Sweater or Red and/or Green
- Friday, December 16th- Last Day of School – Dismissal @ 12 noon
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!
Miss Guevara & Miss Maye