Hello Grade 3 Families!
I find it hard to believe that we will already be starting the month of October next weekend! Since we will have only three days of academic studies this week, the students will not be having a spelling test. Hail Mary will be the rosary prayer for which they will be assessed this week. They have a copy of the prayer in their transparent pocket to practice at home. The written assessment will be on Wednesday.
On Wednesday I will be placing the focus of our lessons on what happened at the residential schools. The class will talk about the meaning behind “Every Child Matters”. If the weather permits it, we will do a healing ceremony outside, next to our classroom.
Please continue to collect Walkathon pledges! This is a very vital fundraiser for our school community.
Here are the reminders for this week:
Monday ~ September 26th
- Emergency Information forms updated and returned
Tuesday ~ September 27th
Wednesday ~ September 28th
- Dress Down Day: Orange T-Shirt Day Please have your child wear something orange; preferably a t-shirt, but it can also be any other item (sweater, cap, etc.)
- Please send a $2 donation for the Orange Shirt Society (www.orangeshirtday.org)
- Student-Led Assembly at 1 pm: Grades 5 & 1 ~ you are welcome to join us
- Dismissal is at 2 pm
Thursday ~ September 29th
- Walkathon Day!
- Students dress for the weather and the walk (non-uniform)
- Students should be at school by 8:40am so that they have time to settle in and use the bathroom before beginning the walk
- We will walk to Garden City Play Park and back to school
- I will be sending an email to the parents who will be walking with us at the beginning of the week
- Please send your child’s water bottle so that they can carry it with them for the walk
- Please send a snack for your child to eat once we return to school
- Dismissal is at 12:15 p.m.
Friday ~ September 30th
- National Day for Truth & Reconciliation (no school)
Here is the link for the parents who would like to place Scholastic Book orders in the month of September or October.
- Please enter Teacher Code: RC143526 to place an order online. This allows Grade 3 to receive points to order new books and various items for the classroom.
If you have any questions or concerns throughout the school year, please make an appointment to see me or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a wonderful week!