Dear Grade Two Families,
Happy Gaudete Sunday! The third week of Advent fills us with joy as we come even closer to celebrating the Lord’s birth and it reminds us that there is joy in waiting for His second coming!
And of course, we have many things to be joyful for! We had a wonderful party last Wednesday full of yummy treats and fun games! A big thank you to Mrs. Stavem, Ms. Bernardino, and all the parents that helped organize and execute the party. It truly is a group effort and I’m so grateful for the time and effort everyone put in into making it a special day for the children. We had ‘snow’ much fun celebrating with you all!
Here are some reminders for the last week of school in 2023!
- Home Reading folders will no longer be going home this week. I will keep them at school over the break. If you have not returned yours, please bring it to school tomorrow.
- The children are encouraged to continue reading on Raz-Kids over the break. However, they are not expected to record themselves.
- On Friday, the children were allowed to borrow up to 3 books from the library to keep over the break. We will not be having Library this week.
Here are the reminders for the week:
Open Parachute: Speaking Up
- No PE today (due to concert set-up in the gym)
- Christmas Concert Celebration @ 1:00 pm and @ 6:45 in the gym
- Please see email about costume reminders
- Pyjama Day
- Your child may dress in their Pyjamas and bring their favourite stuffy for the day!
- Christmas Treat Distribution
- If your child plans on sharing individual Christmas treats with their classmates, please ensure there are no names on them (except for who they’re from) and that they are nut-free
- A reusable bag will be provided for your child to take their treats home at the end of the day. Please return these the following day, as we will use them again for other celebrations coming up this school year!
- PE today
- Dismissal at 2 pm today
- School Mass @ 9:15 am ~ please join us!
- Please wear full uniform (including sweater)
- Return gold treat bag today
- French today
- Ugly Christmas Sweater or Red/Green Dress Down Day
- School Assembly led by Grade 4 and 2
- Last Day of School (noon dismissal)
- Monday, January 8- School Re-opens
- Friday, January 12- School Assembly @ 9:15 (Grade 6 and 3 to lead)
- Friday, January 12– Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
Please email me at email@example.com or write me a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.
I hope you have a joyous Christmas break with your families!