Hello Grade One Families!
It’s hard to believe it, but we are already in our second week of May! The final two months of school really do fly! It is so great getting to see the Grade One students enjoy their recesses, lunches and P.E. classes outside as the weather improves for the last couple of months of school…(hopefully)!
This week was a special week for our St. Paul School Community as we saw the Grade Seven class receive the Sacrament of Confirmation. Later in the week we will also celebrate the Grade Two class receiving their First Holy Communion. The Grade Ones were particularly excited to hear how next year it will be their turn to receive this sacrament!
Next week we will start practicing for our Grade 5 / 1 assembly, which takes place on Wednesday May 17th. If your child receives a part to practice next week, please read over it with them at home each day!
In our IAAGFG program, we are completing page 10 at home. The first half of the page has already been done at school. We are working through concept F lesson 1 “Touching” . Please go over page 10 and complete the right side of the page (right hand) with your child over the weekend. Workbooks can be returned to school on Monday.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Here are some notes for the week:
Word Study Unit: -er
Student of the Week: Cerena
Open Parachute Unit (at School): Safety & Consent
Open Parachute Unit (at Home): Protecting your child
- Science World Field trip forms due
- Home Reading folders (if forgotten on Friday)
- Music with Mr. Kelly
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- 2 pm dismissal
- Mass led by Grade 2
- White Spot Hot Lunch
- French with Mme. Caprilli today
- Word Study Assessment: -er
- P.E. with Mr. Kelly
- Home Reading Books due
- Thursday, May 11th- White Spot Hot Lunch
- Thursday, May 11th– Mass led by Grade 2
- Monday May 15 – Yummy Pasta Hot lunch for those who ordered
- Wednesday May 17 – Uniform swap meet at 2pm in the gym
- Wednesday May 17 – Grade 1 / 5 Assembly
- Thursday May 18 – Grade 4 Mass
- Friday May 19 – No School (Pro – D)
- Monday May 22 – No School (Victoria Day)
Mrs. Dos Santos & Ms. Carroll 🙂