Hello Grade One Families!
Firstly, a huge thank you to all the Grade One students, who did such a wonderful job at our assembly on Wednesday! We were so impressed with their reading and singing! It was such a special day celebrating Fr. Felix and celebrating the crowning of Mary. Thank you to all the parents and family members who were able to join us on the day! Most importantly, thank you Grade One students for representing our class and doing such a wonderful job with your Grade Five buddies.
A reminder that this week is a short week for the students (No school tomorrow). There is also no school on Monday (Victoria Day). We hope that everyone has a sunny and relaxing long weekend!
On Friday (May 26th) we will be having our annual “Jean up” day. There is also a Brass Trio presentation on this day in the gym. Please keep an eye out for an email from Ms. Moorehead with more details to follow!
Here are some notes for the week:
Word Study Unit: Open & Closed Syllables
Student of the Week: Mateo
Open Parachute Unit (at School): Safety & Consent
Open Parachute Unit (at Home): Protecting your child
- No School (Victoria Day)
- Music with Mr. Kelly
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Pizza lunch for Mateo’s Birthday (please bring lunch if your child does not like pizza)
- Mass led by Kindergarten
- French with Mme. Caprilli
- White Spot hot lunch (for those who ordered)
- Jean Up dress-down day
- Word Study Assessment: Open & Closed Syllables
- Brass Trio Presentation in gym
- Home Reading Books due
- Monday May 29th – Science World field trip
- Wednesday May 31st – Assembly Gr. 2/4
- Thursday June 1st – Gr. 3 Mass
- Friday June 2nd – No School
Mrs. Dos Santos & Ms. Carroll 🙂