Hello Grade One Families!
Oh my goodness…here we are at the last full week of Grade One! Can you believe it? The students keep telling us ideas of what they would still like to do in Grade One and we are going to try to squish in as much as we can into this week! One thing we will definitely do is focus on having a joyful last full week together in the classroom before the excitement of Fun Day on Friday.
Every day from Monday – Thursday the students will be bringing home something from the classroom such as their notebooks and other activity folders etc. Please be sure to empty your child’s backpack every day so that they have room for what they need to bring home the next day.
Last week the children enjoyed attending the Grade 7 Fundraiser and their Art Show! We thank the Grade 7s for all of their hard work preparing for a fun afternoon! We also finished the “I’m a Gift From God” program. Thank you to all families for completing all the home lessons with your children.
Please take a look at our email regarding Fun Day Colours and let us know if you have any questions about Fun Day on Friday or any other exciting day coming up!
Lastly, Happy Father’s Day to all of our wonderful Grade One fathers and father-figures! The children had such a wonderful week preparing your gifts for you! We hope that you enjoy using them as much as we enjoyed making them!
Here are some notes for the week:
Student of the Week: Mrs. Lam
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Step-up Day
- The Grade 1’s will get to visit the Grade 2 classroom and meet their teacher for next year, Ms. Wu
- French with Mme. Caprilli
- last school Mass including the Passing of the Light Ceremony for the Grade 6 and 7 classes ~ please join us in the Church at 9:15 am
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- No School Mass Today
- please join us for the Parent Appreciation Breakfast from 8:15am – 8:45am so that we can thank-you for all of your support over this school year
- students come to school wearing their team colours (please see email)
- whole school Fun Day activities for the rest of the morning
- dismissal is at 12:30pm
- Monday, June 26- Primary year end picnic @ King George Park
- Tuesday, June 27- Grade 1 Dress Down Day (Thank you, Dominic for the wheel spin prize!)
- Wednesday, June 28- Last Day of School
- Wednesday, June 28- Year end Assembly (led by staff)
- Wednesday, June 28- CSL sent home
There are many special events in the month of June:
Tuesday, June 20 ~ The last school Mass will be this morning at 9:15 am. It is a special Farewell Mass for the Grade 7 students which is why it is on Tuesday not Thursday this week.
Friday, June 23 ~ There will be an appreciation breakfast for parents before we begin our school “Fun Day”. Dismissal on this day is at 12:30pm. Parents are welcome to be with us for any or all of this day.
Monday, June 26 ~ The Primary students will be going to the Primary year end picnic at King George Park. 10:00 am arrival, and 1:00 pm pick up.
Wednesday, June 28 ~ This is the last day of school for the students. Dismissal on this day will be at 12:00pm. CSL reports will be sent home on this day.
Mrs. Dos Santos & Ms. Carroll 🙂