Hello Grade One Families!
Jesus is risen!
Jesus is risen indeed!
Happy Easter! We hope that you were able to celebrate the joy of Easter as a family last Sunday! The children enjoyed having their Easter Egg hunt in class this past Tuesday, thank you to all the friends that brought treats to share. The children enjoyed creating their Holy Week in Handprints book, and can’t wait to show you them this coming Friday and Student Led Conferences! We also look forward to hosting the school Mass this coming Thursday. Please join us if you are able to.
We are very pleased to announce that the Scholastic Book Fair will be returning to our school library for the first time since 2019! It is an opportunity for students and families to purchase books published by Scholastic as a fundraiser for our school library. A percentage of the money raised at the Book Fair is given back to the school for the purchase of library books for the students to check-out and for teachers to use in the classrooms. Please check the library blog for more details.
The students will bring home their “I am a gift from God” workbooks today. Please complete the next “home” page with them (p.6) and return it to school on Monday.
Here are some notes for the week:
Word Study Unit: _ge /j/
Student of the Week: Brandon
Open Parachute Unit (at School): Protection, Boundaries & Perspective-Taking
Open Parachute Unit (at Home): Saying No
- Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch today (please bring cutlery)
- Home Reading folders (if forgotten on Friday)
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Scholastic Book Fair begins (open 3:00-3:30)
- Music with Mr. Kelly
- Assembly led by Grade 3 & 6 (at 2:15 pm)
- Scholastic Book Fair open (2:00-2:30)
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- 2 pm dismissal
- Scholastic Book Fair open (3:00-3:30)
- Mass led by Grade 1 @ 9:15 am (please join us if you are able to!)
- Word Study Assessment: _ge /j/
- French with Mme. Caprilli today
- Home Reading Books due
- Student Led Conferences (8:00 am to 6:00 pm, no regular classes, please come at scheduled time)
- Scholastic Book Fair last day (open 8:30-12:00 and 12:45-4:00)
- Thursday, April 27- White Spot Hot Lunch for those who ordered
- Thursday, April 27- Mass led by Grade 6 @ 9:15 am
Mrs. Dos Santos & Ms. Carroll 🙂