Hello Grade One Families!
Happy New Year to all of our Grade One families! May this year be one of joy in our faith, families, and friends while we continue to pray for good health and other blessings through the Grace of our Lord Jesus.
We hope that your Christmas holidays were filled with many moments of fun and happiness that will make lifelong memories for your family. Thank you for all of the Christmas prayers, cards, greetings and gifts. Your thoughtfulness is so kind and a true blessing to us!
We will begin this term with a change to our Grade One family. We are thrilled to welcome Ms. Carroll! She has taught Grade Five and Six in previous years, and I know that you will join me in welcoming her to our wonderful class community.
Things to please note:
Absences: If your child will be absent from school for any reason, please email both me, Ms. Carroll, and Mrs. Ong (school office) to let us know.
Home Reading Folders: Your child’s homework reading folder will be returned on Tuesday. Please continue to work through the various activities suggested in their folders! We will be resuming our Word Study Assessments this week!
Please make sure that your child has:
- appropriate weather dependent rain/snow outerwear for playing outside every day (you may send rain boots back and they may stay in the classroom if you wish)
- a set of extra clothes to keep in their locker in case they get too wet outside (ex.:fall in a puddle or mud) and need to change. Please put these in a large ziplock bag with their name on it and they will stay in your child’s locker.
- extra socks (this will stay in your child’s locker)
- their school sweater every day because the windows will be open
Here are some notes for the upcoming week:
Word Study Unit: voiced th /th/
Student of the Week: n/a (we will resume next week)
Open Parachute Unit (at School): Frustration, Motivation & Growth Mindset
Open Parachute Unit (at Home): Empathy & Accountability
- No School
- First day back to school
- Welcome to Grade One Ms. Carroll
- Music with Mr. Kelly today
- PE today
- 1:15 pm Assembly ~ please join us!
- 9:15am Mass ~ please make sure that your child is in full school uniform including their sweater
- Library today ~ please be sure to return any overdue library books before today
- School Assembly @ 9:15 am
- Fukuroku hot lunch for those who ordered
- Please bring your own cutlery
- Word Study Assessment- voiced th /th/
- Monday, January 9- Family Traditions and Celebrations Inquiry Due
- Monday, January 9- Yummy Pizza Hot Lunch for those who ordered
- Thursday, January 12- Mass led by Grade 6
Please email us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, or write a note in your child’s agenda if you have any questions or concerns.
Mrs. Dos Santos & Ms. Carroll 🙂