This week, we continued our learning on the Lenten season. The children learned about the three pillars of Lent—prayer, fasting, and almsgiving and thoughtfully sacrificed something meaningful to them for the 40 days of Lent. For each day of Lent, the children colour in a box on their Lenten journey and for every day that they keep their promise, Kindergarten is looking forward to making this Lenten journey together! This week the children also celebrated St Patrick’s Day and learnt about the life and work of St Patrick. They learnt that the Shamrock was used by St. Patrick to explain the Blessed Trinity – God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. They also learnt a little about Irish Culture and Language.
Spring Break Homework:
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading- please use “My Reading” book, “Read-well” book, RAZ Kids, EpicBooks and books from home
- Lenten journey- Please colour in one space in your child’s 40-day Lenten journey over Spring Break. After Spring Break, please return them back to your child’s homework folder so we can follow it during Holy Week.
- Spring Break – The first day back will be on Monday, March 29th.
- Hair Accessories – a friendly reminder that all hair accessories must be school colours (blue, yellow and white).
- Monday, March 29th– First day back to school after Spring Break
- Wednesday, March 31st– Mite Boxes due
- Thursday, April 1st– Holy Thursday
- Friday, April 2nd– Good Friday (No School)
- Monday, April 5th– Easter Monday (No School)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns. We hope all the children and parents have an enjoyable Spring Break.
Mrs. Dos Santos & Miss Comerford
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org