Hello Kindergarten Families,
Can you believe school is almost here- one more week to go!
Mrs. D and I have been happily preparing our classroom and are so excited to begin this new learning adventure with you and your children!
A few things to note:
1) Gradual Entry- Schedule & Groups were sent via e-mail last week.
2) First Day of School- Please know your child’s gradual entry group (see e-mail). On the first day of school (Thursday, September 10th) Group A will have school from 9:15-10:15 and Group B will follow from 10:30-11:30.
There is only one hour of school on the first day! The drop-off parent is welcome to leave campus and return for their child’s pick-up. As we are learning new routines, your child is welcome to bring a backpack on their first day of school but nothing else is needed. Your child does NOT need a snack for the first day of school. Please send a snack and bottle of water starting on Friday, September 11th (for both groups).
3) Staples School Supplies- Staples Orders have arrived and will be distributed on the first day of school. As your children get picked up by the classroom teachers, the drop-off parent will be given a package containing your child’s school supplies. Please label ALL items with your child’s name and return them to school by Friday, September 18th
4) Items requested- by Friday, September 18th:
- Proper backpack (please no “rolly” backpacks as they take up too much space in our shared cubby)
- Homework folder (found at Dollarama, Staples, etc. for notices & duo-tangs)
- Please see the attached photo examples (at the bottom) for your reference.
- Lunch Bag
- Water bottle
- Rain boots (to stay at school)
- Rain jacket (to stay at school)
- Runners* (to stay at school)
- If your child will be wearing black dress shoes to school, please bring in a pair of runners to be used for PE class.
- If your child will be wearing black runners to school, they do NOT need to bring in another pair of runners for PE class.
- Extra change of clothes (to stay at school)
- Please make sure to include a shirt, pants, socks and underwear in a large Ziplock bag.
- Cloth Drawstring Bag (to stay at school)
- This is a multi-purpose bag that will be used throughout the year. It will be given out on the first day of school to be decorated and sent back to school the following week.
- 16″ x 20″ White Canvas (for a yearlong art project- found at Dollarama, Michaels, etc.)
- 4”x 6” family photo in a frame (for our classroom)
- 4”x 6” photo of your child—no frame (for the school’s birthday wall)
- Labelled school supplies
- A box of tissues and small hand sanitizer
5) Blog- Kindergarten’s weekly blog will be updated every weekend to prepare you for the week to come. Please check the blog for the week at a glance as well as for any important information: https://www.stpaulschool.ca/classes/kindergarten/
6) Class Dojo – Class Dojo is a school communication platform that teachers, students, and families use every day to build close-knit communities by sharing what’s being learned in the classroom home through photos, videos, and messages. We will be creating our Kindergarten 2020-2021 class profile in the coming week so please be sure to check your emails to join our classroom!
7) E-mailing– When e-mailing the teachers, please be sure to include BOTH teachers- email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
We look forward to a wonderful school year together.
Miss Wu & Mrs. D