The students had a fun-filled week in Kindergarten! They went on their first field trip to the Pumpkin Patch on Tuesday and were super excited to pick out their perfect pumpkins! Special thanks to our parent and grandparent volunteers who drove and accompanied us to the Pumpkin Patch! We are incredibly grateful for all the support you have given us. It was also nice seeing all of you at the Parent-Teacher Conferences today to celebrate your child’s learning in the first term of Kindergarten. Thank you for being actively involved in your child’s education!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: M
Student of the week: Theo
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Stuffie
Show & Tell: Estelle
- Hot Lunch today
- Please remember to bring your own cutlery!
- Music today
- French today
- Library today ~ please return any library books that were not yet brought back as the children will be bringing home a new book today
Show & Tell: Joseph
- Nature Walk today
Show & Tell: Ava
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Aaron
- School Mass @ 11:00 ~ please join us!
- PE today
- Music today
Show & Tell: Ellie
- School assembly @ 9:00 led by Grades 7 & 3 ~ please join us!
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, and books from home)
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- “My Reading” book– This will be sent home every day. Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder every day.
- “My Read Well” book–This book contains all of your children’s work in our Language Arts Program “Read Well.” Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Sweaters – Please check your child’s school sweater(s) to ensure they have their own, as we have had a few incidents of lost sweaters. We also kindly remind you to label your child’s sweater so that they can be returned, if they go missing.
- Thursday, October 31st- Halloween
- Students are allowed to wear costumes to school today or they can wear orange and black coloured clothes (NO masks, wings, swords, or weapons please!)
- Friday, November 1st- Final Walk-a-thon assembly @ 9:00 ~ please join us!
- Friday, November 1st- Fukuroku Hot Lunch (for those who ordered)
- Friday, November 1st- Interim Reports sent home
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Costales & Miss Wu
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com