This week, Kindergarten continued discussing their five senses and also learned about the different signs of Autumn! They did a great job making connections to what they were learning and even investigated seasonal changes on our nature walk today by using their sense of sight to find different coloured leaves!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: K
Student of the week: Jennifer
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Toy
- PE today
- French today
- Library today ~ please return any library books that were not yet brought back as the children will be bringing home a new book today
Show & Tell: Mathis
- PE today
- Music today
Show & Tell: Peter
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Sophie C.
- PE today
- Noon Dismissal
- Afternoon Learning Conferences
- Morning Learning Conferences – No Classes
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, online reading programs, library books, or books from home)
- Apple Tasting– Have an apple taste test (red, green, and yellow apples) at home with your child! Then, discuss how each one tastes and complete the “I Taste” sheet found in their homework folder (My Reading book). Please return the sheet by Friday, October 30th. Please check your email for more information and see the sample attached.
- Read Well Record Pages– If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box. Please see the sample attached.
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- “My Reading” book– This will be sent home every day. Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder every day.
- “My Read Well” book–This book contains all of your children’s work in our Language Arts Program “Read Well.” Please review the letters of the week completed so far (Aa, Ee, Hh) and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- Learning Conferences– First-term Kindergarten conferences are parents and teachers only to allow parents adequate time to discuss their child’s transition into Kindergarten. Conferences will take place in the gym and time slots are restricted to 10 minutes. We look forward to meeting with you during your allocated time! Please see the letter from Ms. Moorehead for more information.
- Wednesday, October 28th– Kindergarten Mass
- Friday, October 30th– Kindergarten Halloween Celebration
- Students are allowed to wear costumes to school today or they can wear orange and black coloured clothes (NO masks, wings, swords, or weapons please!)
- Friday, October 30th– Interim Reports sent home
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns!
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos