With Thanksgiving coming up, the students had many wonderful discussions about the gifts and talents God has blessed them with and all the things they are thankful for. Kindergarten also explored their sense of taste by trying three different types of apples and choosing which one was their favourite. The children noticed that not everyone liked the same apple because God made everybody different!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: K
Student of the week: Avery
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Stuffie
- Thanksgiving (no school)
Show & Tell: Constance
- PE today
- Field Trip to the Pumpkin Patch @ 12:30 (Depart St. Paul School @ 12:15)
- Your child can wear play clothes to school and does not need to be in uniform. We will be at the pumpkin patch from 12:30 – 2:30 and the field trip will be rain or shine. There will be a regular school dismissal at 3:00.
Show & Tell: Bryan
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Sadie
- Earthquake Drill today
- PE today
- Music today
- Learning Conference Day – No Classes
- First-term Kindergarten conferences are parents and teachers only to allow parents adequate time to discuss their child’s transition into Kindergarten
- Conferences will take place in the gym and time slots are restricted to 10 minutes
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “My Read Well” book, and books from home)
- Homework folders– These will continue to be sent home every day. Please check the folders daily and send them back to school every day as your child is expected to hand them in each morning.
- “My Reading” book– This will be sent home every day. Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder everyday.
- “My Read Well” book–This book contains all of your children’s work in our Language Arts Program “Read Well.” Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found on the bottom of the page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Thursday, October 24th– School Mass @ 11:00~ please join us!
- Friday, October 25th- Final Walk-a-thon assembly @ 9:00 ~ please join us!
We hope that you all have the opportunity to spend time with family and friends to celebrate the many gifts that God has given us. We are so thankful for all the wonderful students and supportive families in Kindergarten. It is truly a blessing to be a part of the St. Paul School community. We hope everyone has a happy and blessed Thanksgiving!
Miss Costales & Miss Wu
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com