This week, we learned about the significance of Remembrance Day! The children created beautiful poppy artwork and imagined what it was like to see so many poppies in Flanders Fields. We also discussed the word service and celebrated all those who served our country. Lest we forget.
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: Z
Student of the week: Elena
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Stuffie
- Remembrance Day (No School)
- Professional Development Day (No School)
Show & Tell: Avery
- Photo Re-take Day (for those who requested)
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Kevin
- PE today
- Music today
Show & Tell: Naomi
- School assembly ~ please join us!
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “Read-Well” book, and books from home)
- Homework folders– Please continue to check these daily and send them back to school every day with your child. Each morning the children hand these in.
- “My Reading” book– Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder every day.
- “Read-Well” book– This book contains all of your children’s work in our Language Arts Program “Read Well.” Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found at the bottom of each page) with your child.
- Scholastic Book Orders are due on Thursday, November 21st, for those planning to order.
- If you forgot to bring in a $2 poppy donation, please bring it to school on Wednesday.
- Christmas Hamper Projects: Please see Mrs. Moorehead’s email for more information. Thank you to those who have already brought in items to support these projects. Your generosity is greatly appreciated!
- “The Giving Truck” – If you would like to donate items (soap, adult toothbrushes, and toothpaste) to prepare care kits for families coming to Canada as refugees, please do so by Thursday.
- “Blanket BC”– If you have any warm blankets or gently used winter coats that you no longer need, please bring them in by Wednesday, November 20th.
- Wednesday, November 20th- Dress Down Day (Favourite Animal)
- Thursday, November 21st- School Mass @ 11:00~ please join us!
- Friday, November 22nd- Professional Development Day (No School)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.
Miss Costales & Miss Wu
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org