Although this week was short, it sure was a busy one in Kindergarten! The students started growing their own plants and learned about the four main things a plant needs to grow strong and healthy. They discovered that plants love being outside in the sunshine and in the rain! Then, during French, the children brainstormed and drew what they like to do on rainy days. Based on their pictures, it looks like some of the kids also enjoy being outside when it rains, just like plants!
This week at a glance:
Shapes of the Week: Cone and Pyramid
Circle Time Dress-Up Theme: Summer Fun
Circle Time Question: What makes you happy?
Student of the week: Estella
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Game (i.e. card game, board game, etc.)
- Show & Tell Students: Constance and Bryan
- Please be sure to check Class Dojo and our Class Website throughout the week as both platforms will be used to communicate daily activities and theme explorations.
- Circle Time: Kindergarten will be having Circle Time this Tuesday from 9:00-10:00 via Zoom. Please note the change in day and see this week’s dress-up theme and question above.
- Eli and Hilary will present their Student of the Week Poster to the class during Circle Time this week.
- We also welcome our special guest, Father Edwin, who will be joining us this morning!
- Non-Instructional Days: There will be no classes on Wednesday and Thursday as teachers will be preparing for students’ return to school. Remote Learning lessons will be delivered on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.
- 10 to 15 minutes of reading
- Plant– Please make sure to check on your plant every day! Be sure to give it enough water and sunlight over the weekend and throughout the week!
- Class Photo- Please take a headshot photo of your child (in their uniform) for our annual Kindergarten Class Photo and send it to our Homeroom Parents by June 1st. For more information, please see the email that was sent out by Mrs. Chiu and Mrs. Law yesterday.
- Circle Time: Please note the change in day of our Circle Time this week. Because we have no classes on Wednesday, Circle Time has moved to Tuesday from 9:00-10:00.
- E-mail: We kindly ask that you check your email regularly for any updates and important information that will be coming to you this week.
- Please keep an eye out for a family survey will be sent out this evening regarding your child’s return to school.
- Please also see the email from our Homeroom Parents regarding Kindergarten’s Class Photo. We would like to thank Mrs. Chiu and Mrs. Law for taking on this project, on behalf of our class!
- Friday, June 5th– Professional Development Day (No Classes)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com