This week, Kindergarten learned all about how to stay healthy while being at home! They wrote about the many ways they are practicing social distancing with their families and had some great ideas on how they can social distance at school. The students also learned about healthy eating by finding all the fruits and vegetables hiding in their refrigerator and even discovered how to say some of these fruits in French! The children are doing such an amazing job at keeping themselves, their families, and their communities safe. Continue to stay healthy, Kindergarten!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: Short Vowels
Shapes of the Week: Sphere and Cylinder
Circle Time Dress-Up Theme: My Favourite Colour
Circle Time Question: Who is your buddy? What did you make for your buddy? (see below for more details)
Student of the week: Hilary
- Victoria Day: Reminder that there are no classes on Monday. Have a wonderful long weekend!
- Professional Development Day: Reminder that there are no classes on Tuesday as it is a Pro-D Day.
- Please be sure to check Class Dojo and our Class Website throughout the week as both platforms will be used to communicate daily activities and theme explorations.
- Circle Time: Kindergarten will be having Circle Time this Wednesday via Zoom. This week’s Circle Time will be divided into 2 time slots as our Gr. 6 buddies will also be joining us! Please note which Circle Time session your child is to attend:
- 9:00-9:45: Student #1-15 (Banez-Law)
- 10:00-10:45: Student #16-30 (Lee-Wong)
- For this week’s question, Kindergarten is invited to create something (i.e. picture, card, craft etc.) for their big buddy that they can show to them at Circle Time.
- Specialist Thursday: Children will be given designated work blocks on Thursday to complete their specialist subject activities.
- 10 to 15 minutes of reading
- Terra Cotta Pot– For Science, Kindergarten will begin learning about Living Things and will be planting their own plants! For Wednesday’s Theme Exploration Lesson, please have the following ready: a small terra cotta clay pot (about the same height as a box of crayons), seeds to plant (a flower or vegetable of your choice), and enough soil to put into your pot. See the attached image for your reference.
- Buddy Activity– Create something (i.e. picture, card, craft etc.) for your Gr. 6 buddy and bring it to Wednesday’s Circle Time.
- Because we have a special circle time, there will be NO Show and Tell or Student of the Week this week. These will be saved for next week. Instead, all students will have the opportunity, during Circle Time, to share who their Gr. 6 buddy is and what they made for them!
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org