This week, in Kindergarten, we continued our discussion on health and safety! First, the students learned how to properly wash their hands and did a fantastic job at demonstrating this. Then, they got to hear how their peers are social distancing with their families and did another great job at showing how they can do this at school and whenever they go out. The class wrapped up their week by having Circle Time on Zoom…another great way to practice social distancing!
This week at a glance:
Circle Time Dress-Up Theme: Crazy Hair/Hat
Circle Time Question: What is your favourite thing about Remote Learning?
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Game (i.e. card game, board game, etc.)
- Show & Tell Students: Ava, Aaron, Ellie, and Chloe
- Please be sure to check Class Dojo and our Class Website throughout the week as both platforms will be used to communicate daily activities and theme explorations. A snapshot of the activities for the week will also be uploaded every Monday.
- Please remember that, although similar content will be covered at home and at school, the delivery of this content will look different.
- Coming up in the next two weeks you will be seeing Theme Explorations focused on Father’s Day.
- Dads please do your best to NOT help your children with these activities, as we would love for them to be a surprise for you (as best as they can be).
- Circle Time: Kindergarten will be having Circle Time this Friday from 9:00-10:00 via Zoom. Please see this week’s dress-up theme and question above.
- We also welcome our special guest, Father Edwin, who will be joining us this morning!
- 10 to 15 minutes of reading
- Plant– Please make sure to check on your plant every day! Be sure to give it enough water and sunlight over the weekend and throughout the week!
- Year-End Picnic: Kindergarten typically celebrates the end of the school year with a class picnic. While this event is usually held at Garden City Park, this year we will be having our year-end picnic remotely on Zoom. We will celebrate on Friday, June 19th from 9:00-10:00 (in lieu of Circle Time). Please keep an eye out for an email from our Homeroom Parents, for more information. We would like to thank Mrs. Chiu and Mrs. Law for planning this celebration, on behalf of our class!
- E-mail: For families who will be returning to school, we kindly ask that you check your email regularly for any updates and important information that may be coming to you.
- Friday, June 19th– Year-End Picnic (on Zoom)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com