Even though this week was another short one, it was still fun-filled with lots of sunny days! This was perfect for Kindergarten as they got to go outside and explore nature! They started off by observing nature and choosing something they wanted to draw from different perspectives. They then got to paint a close-up picture of their object from nature. We were so impressed with their beautiful paintings of all the plants they chose! Speaking of plants, Kindergarten is continuing to do an amazing job at taking care of the ones they’re growing at home! It was so nice to see the students connecting the life cycle of the flower to what was happening with their own plants! Way to go, Kinder-garden—oops, I mean Kindergarten! 🌻
This week at a glance:
Circle Time Dress-Up Theme: Favourite Character
Circle Time Question: What is your favourite movie?
Student of the week: Mrs. Lam
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Game (i.e. card game, board game, etc.)
- Show & Tell Students: Sadie, Estelle, and Joseph
- Please be sure to check Class Dojo and our Class Website throughout the week as both platforms will be used to communicate daily activities and theme explorations. A snapshot of the activities for the week will also be uploaded every Monday.
- Please remember that, although similar content will be covered at home and at school, the delivery of this content will look different.
- Circle Time: Kindergarten will be having Circle Time this Thursday from 1:00-2:00 via Zoom. Please note the change in day and see this week’s dress-up theme and question above.
- Estella will present her Student of the Week Poster to the class during Circle Time this week.
- We also welcome our special guest, Father Gio, who will be joining us this afternoon!
- Professional Development Day: Reminder that there are no classes on Friday as it is a Pro-D Day.
- 10 to 15 minutes of reading
- Plant– Please make sure to check on your plant every day! Be sure to give it enough water and sunlight over the weekend and throughout the week!
- Circle Time: Please note the change in day of our Circle Time this week. Because we have no classes on Friday, Circle Time has moved to Thursday from 1:00-2:00. Moving forward, our Circle Time will be held on Friday mornings from 9:00-10:00.
- E-mail: For families who will be returning to school, we kindly ask that you check your email regularly for any updates and important information that may be coming to you.
- Friday, June 5th– Professional Development Day (No Classes)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com