This week, the class listened to Unstoppable Tracy tell her story of resiliency and courage. Kindergarten was inspired by her determination to make a change and learned about the importance of accepting and including every one. The children also learned about St. Valentine and were super excited make Valentine crafts for their peers. They discovered that the reason why we hand out cards and treats on Valentine’s Day is to let others know that we care about them, just like St. Valentine did! You could definitely feel the love in our classroom, this week!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the week: B
Number of the week: 7
Student of the week: Sadie
Show & Tell Theme: Something I made (i.e. a craft, a painting, etc.)
- Family Day (No School)
Show & Tell: Chloe
- 100th Day of School Celebration!
- 100 Day projects due today
- PE today
Show & Tell: Sophie
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Young
- PE today
- Music and Movement workshop today
Show & Tell: Matthew
- Assembly today ~ please join us!
- Superhero Dress Down Day
- Please bring in a $2 donation for Thomas, our Sponsor Child
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “Read-well” book, and books from home)
- Fun Friends- Please review Session 3 and discuss “Others have feelings” with your child (this book can stay at home but please remember to review some activities in the assigned session with your child)
- “Read-Well” book– This book contains all of your children’s work in our Language Arts Program “Read Well.” Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found at the bottom of each page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Report Covers- Please sign and return your child’s Progress Report Cover and Envelope as soon as possible, if you haven’t already done so. These will be reused for your child’s next report.
- School Uniform:
- Sweaters- Please check your child’s school sweater(s) to ensure they have brought home their own, as we have had a few incidents of lost sweaters. We also kindly remind you to label your child’s sweater so that they can be returned, if they go missing.
- Accessories– Please keep accessories simple and discreet. No jewellery except small studs for pierced ears and no nail polish. Hair accessories should match the uniform.
- Toys – Just a friendly reminder that unless it is your child’s show and tell, please be sure to keep toys at home, so that they don’t get lost or broken at school.
- Tuesday, February 25th– Pink Shirt Day (Anti-Bullying)
- Wednesday, February 26th– Ash Wednesday
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos