It was another exciting week in Kindergarten as we had two visitors drop by our classroom. Our first visitor was Father Gio! He explained that an Advent wreath is made of evergreen leaves because it reminds us that God’s love for us is everlasting. Our second visitor was Saint Nicholas! He visited our classroom last night to leave treats in the children’s shoes (which I’m sure you will hear all about!). He even wrote us a letter saying how wonderful our class is at helping others, just like him! St. Nick then left a special gift for us under the Christmas tree. Inside, was a little elf, who the class decided to name Chippy! Chippy will be with us to make sure that we are kind and generous to others during this Advent season!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the Week: D
Student of the week: Young
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Toy
Show & Tell: Joseph
- Hot Lunch
- Please remember to bring your own cutlery!
- PE today
- Music today
- French today
- Library today~ please return any library books that were not yet brought back as the children will be bringing home a new book today
Show & Tell: Ava
- PE today
- Nature Walk today
Show & Tell: Aaron
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
Show & Tell: Ellie
- PE today
- Music today
Show & Tell: Chloe
- School assembly led by Grades 5 & 2~ please join us!
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “Read-Well” book, and books from home)
- Homework folders– Please continue to check these daily and send them back to school every day with your child. Each morning the children hand these in.
- “My Reading” book– Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder every day.
- “Read-Well” book– This book contains all of your children’s work in our Language Arts Program “Read Well.” Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions (found at the bottom of each page) with your child.
- If you notice that your child has not finished the back of their Letter Record page in class, please brainstorm with them three words that begin with that letter. Then, have them write down the three words on the dotted lines and draw their corresponding pictures in the blank box.
- Hot Lunch– Just a friendly reminder to please make sure your child brings his/her own reusable cutlery during hot lunch days as our food providers are NOT providing plastic cutlery for the students this year.
Christmas in Kindergarten
Christmas Ornament– Please send in a Christmas ornament that your child can present to the class and use to decorate our class Christmas tree, within the next week, if you haven’t already done so. Similar to Show and Tell, they will pick 3 things to share about their ornament (Ex. It is red, it has a bow, and it is soft, etc.) and will answer 3 question from their friends. Ornaments will be returned on Friday, December 20th.
Christmas Stocking– Please bring in a Christmas stocking for your child, within the next week, if you haven’t already done so. We will use them to decorate our classroom and the children will put treats from their friends inside, during our Advent Celebration! Stockings will be taken home on Wednesday, December 18th.
Christmas Concert– The Christmas Musical Celebration is on Tuesday, December 17th. Kindergarten will wear their uniform to school on this day for the afternoon performance at 1:00 pm and change into their Sunday Best outfits at home, for the evening performance. In the evening, the students are asked to be in the Kindergarten classroom by 6:15 pm dressed in their Sunday Best clothes. Concert begins at 7:00 pm. They will be dismissed from the classroom after the concert.
Kindergarten Pyjama Party – We will be having a Pyjama Party on Wednesday, December 18th (same day as our class Advent party)! As the weather is quite cold, please ensure they have their shoulders and legs covered. Children are welcome to bring a stuffed animal!
Kindergarten Advent Party– We will be celebrating Christmas in Kindergarten on Wednesday, December 18th from 11:00-1:50 (Parents are welcome to begin arriving at 10:30 to set up food in the classroom). Along with lunch, we will have Christmas themed stations and activities.
The schedule for our Advent Party is as follows:
- 10:30- Kids go to PE while parents set up the food in the classroom
- 11:00- Kids come back from PE and eat
- 12:15- Kids go outside for lunch recess while parents set up Christmas centre activities in the classroom
- 12:45- Kids come back from recess and rotate through each activity
- 1:50- Kids pack up to go home
- 2:00- Dismissal
If you have not already let our homeroom parents, Mrs. Chiu and Mrs. Law, know that you can make it, please email them. We look forward to celebrating together!
- Tuesday, December 17th- Christmas Musical Celebrations @ 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 18th- Kindergarten’s Pyjama Day and Advent Celebration!
- Thursday, December 19th- School Mass @ 11:00~ please join us!
- Friday, December 20th- Ugly Christmas Sweater Dress Down Day and Last Day of School before Christmas Break (noon dismissal)
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos