This week, the children worked really hard to lead the school assembly with their Grade 6 Buddies! Thank you, parents, for practicing with them at home. They did an excellent job singing their song about joy to help the school prepare for the Third Week of Advent! We also had another very special visitor come to our classroom all the way from the North Pole. It was Chippy, one of St. Nick’s elves! All throughout the week, Chippy has been gifting the class with lots of new books and games for them to enjoy!
This week at a glance:
Student of the week: Isaiah
Show & Tell Theme: My Favourite Stuffed Animal
Show & Tell: Emma
- NO hot lunch today
Show & Tell: Marcus
- Christmas Celebration Matinee @ 1:00 pm
- After the matinee show, the children will return home with their Sunday Best for you to have them come dressed to the concert ready to go
- Christmas Celebration Show @ 7:00 pm
- Please drop off your children in the Kindergarten classroom @ 6:15 pm, wearing their Sunday Best
- Children will watch the entire show with their class at the front of the gym
- Children will be dismissed after the show in the Kindergarten classroom
Show & Tell: Christine
- Kindergarten Pyjama Day ~ your child may dress in their Pyjamas and bring their favourite stuffy for the day!
- PE today
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00
- Gr. 7 Bake Sale @ 2:00 in the Parish Centre~ funds raised will support those in need
Show & Tell: Melissa
- PE today
- Music today
- Kindergarten Advent Party @ 12:45 ~ please join us!
- Thank you to Mrs. Cecilia and Ms. Wong for organizing our class get-together. We look forward to celebrating with you all!
- Last Day of School before Christmas Break
- Ugly Christmas Sweater/ Red & Green Dress Down Day
- Assembly led by Staff
- Dismissal @ 12 noon
- Please pack a morning snack only
- 10 to 15 minutes of home reading (please use “My Reading” book, “Read-Well” book, and books from home)
- “My Reading” book-Please continue 10 to 15 minutes of daily reading with your child and place this book inside your child’s homework folder every day.
- “Read-Well” book-this book contains all of your children’s work in our Language Arts Program “Read-Well.” Please review the letter of the week and use the “Parent Prompt” questions with your child. We currently have the Read Well books, as we are updating them with your children’s work.
Christmas in Kindergarten
- Christmas Treat – If you would like to send a Christmas treat to school for your child’s classmates, please ensure there are no names (except for who they’re from) and they are nut-free. Children will hand them out on Thursday, December 20th during centre activities.
- Dress Down Days:
- Wednesday, December 19th– Kindergarten will have a Pyjama Party! As the weather is quite cold, please ensure that they have their shoulders and legs covered. Children may also bring a stuffed animal to school on this day!
- Friday, December 21st– Children can wear their ugliest Christmas sweater or come dressed in red and green for this school-wide dress down day!
- Monday, January 7th- School Re-opens
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
We have had a wonderful First Term of Kindergarten! We hope you have a joyous and restful Christmas break with your families!
Miss Costales & Miss Wu
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com