This week, Kindergarten not only celebrated Divine Mercy Sunday but they also celebrated Earth Day! The children started off by creating lovely pictures of the Earth and writing about how they can take care of it. Then, with Madame, they were able to look through their blue bins to find objects that they’re recycling at home, in order to make the Earth cleaner and healthier. Finally, Kindergarten brainstormed ways that make God’s Earth happy and sad and are now excited to help put a big smile on Earth’s face!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the week: Sight Words
Shapes of the week: Square and Rectangle
Student of the week: Isabelle
- Please be sure to check Class Dojo and our Class Website throughout the week as both platforms will be used to communicate daily activities and theme explorations.
- Specialist Wednesday: Children will be given designated work blocks on Wednesday to complete their specialist subject activities (French, Music, and PE). These will be in lieu of our two theme explorations for the day as well as during our afternoon S.T.O.R.K. time.
- Car Parade: We are having a car parade at school on Wednesday from 11:00am to noon! Staff will be excitedly spread out around the perimeter of the back parking lot, waiting to see your smiling faces! Come and say hello, wave from your car, and feel connected as a school community! More information to come from Mrs. Moorehead. (Please know that this is an optional activity for families).
- Jeans Day: Wear your favourite pair of jeans on Wednesday (even if you’re just at home!) to show support for BC Children’s Hospital.
- School Mass: Please join us on Thursday at 11:00 am for a livestream school Mass. We invite all families to join the St. Paul Parish YouTube channel on Thursday as we come together as a school community to celebrate Mass.
- 10 to 15 minutes of reading
- Fun Friends- Please work on Session 10 and discuss “Traits of a Good Role Model” with your child.
- Interim Reports: Your child’s interim report has now been emailed to you. Please let us know if you were unable to receive it or if you have any questions or concerns.
- Mother’s Day Tea: In Kindergarten, we celebrate Mother’s Day with a Tea Party! While this activity is usually hosted in the classroom, this year we will be hosting our first Mother’s Day Tea party remotely through Zoom on Friday, May 8th from 1:00-2:00 pm (pending the Ministry approved version of Zoom comes in time). Please see the invitation attached and RSVP by May 4th!
- Moms please do your best to NOT help your children with upcoming Mother’s Day theme exploration activities, as we would love for them to be a surprise for you (as best as they can be).
- S.T.O.R.K. Time: We have updated our timetable again. Our afternoon “S.T.O.R.K” time now stands for Specialist Teacher Or Reading, Kids! as we will be introducing another reading platform this week, called Epic Books. Moving forward, your child’s daily “S.T.O.R.K.” Activity, will either be:
- A specialist teacher activity (French, Music, PE)
- A reading activity (RazKids, Headsprout, Epic Books)
- Zoom- Just a friendly reminder that Zoom meetings have been postponed until we receive the new version from the Ministry of Education. The most recent announcement for when the Ministry-approved version of Zoom for independent schools will be ready is ‘early next week.’ Therefore, we hope to have it in place very soon so that Kindergarten’s Circle Time can resume! Once we have more information, we will relay this to you. Thank you for your patience.
- Friday, May 8th– Mother’s Day Tea celebration @ 1pm
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos