This week, Kindergarten celebrated Easter by making beautiful crosses and retelling the Easter Story. Not only could they feel Jesus’ love this week, but they were also able to spread his love by creating thoughtful posters to thank our Community Helper Heroes!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the week: U
Shapes of the week: Circle and Oval
Student of the week: Aiyla
- Please be sure to check Class Dojo and our Class Website throughout the week as both platforms will be used to communicate daily activities and theme explorations
- “Specialist Wednesdays” begin
- Starting this week, your children will be given designated work blocks every Wednesday to complete their specialist subject activities (French, Music, and PE). These will be in lieu of our two theme explorations for the day as well as during our afternoon S.T.O.R.K. time.
- Interim Reports: Your child’s interim report will be emailed to you on Friday, beginning at 4:00 pm. Please keep in mind that these need to be emailed one at a time, so your child’s report may not arrive right at 4:00 pm
- 10 to 15 minutes of reading
- Fun Friends- Please work on Session 9 and discuss “Ways to Reward Ourselves” with your child.
- S.T.O.R.K. Time: Just a friendly reminder that we have updated our timetable. This timetable includes an afternoon “S.T.O.R.K”section in lieu of “Quiet Time.” “S.T.O.R.K” stands for Specialist Teacher Or Raz Kids. For your child’s daily “S.T.O.R.K.” Activity, they will either:
- Have a specialist teacher activity (French, Music, PE)
- RAZ Kids- purple planet “reading room” (1 Listening, 1 Reading, 1 Recording)
- Headsprout- green planet (1 Episode and Questions)
- Health and Safety- As much as we try to provide Theme Exploration activities that we feel are enjoyable and beneficial for your child, you and your family’s health and safety will always be the top priority. Please note that on days that are overwhelming, simply make prayer your priority. Please see the attached document for more details.
- Submission Assignment- There will be ONE submission assignment each day either to your child’s Class Dojo portfolio, or via email to Mrs. D and myself (this will be the “attendance” for each day)
- Please note: If you are submitting an assignment onto Class Dojo, kindly upload it to the correct activity on your “To Do” list. Otherwise, it won’t show that it has been submitted and we wouldn’t want to miss any assignments!
- Zoom- Just a friendly reminder that Zoom meetings have been postponed until we receive the new version from the Ministry of Education. Once we have more information, we will relay this to you.
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos