This week, we started Remote Learning in Kindergarten and got familiar with a new routine. Not only did we make our own Rock Monster friends to remind the community how to be safe, but we also learned about Holy Week and the events leading up to Easter! The children created beautiful handprint art in Their Holy Week booklets as a reminder of Jesus’ love and the sacrifices He has made for us. We wish you all a blessed Easter Weekend!
This week at a glance:
Letter of the week: Q
Shape of the week: Triangle
Student of the week: Nora
- Easter Monday (No Classes)
- Please be sure to check Class Dojo and our Class Website throughout the week as both platforms will be used to communicate daily activities and theme explorations
- 10 to 15 minutes of reading
- Fun Friends- Please work on Session 8 and discuss “Being a Good Friend” with your child.
- Health and Safety- As much as we try to provide Theme Exploration activities that we feel are enjoyable and beneficial for your child, you and your family’s health and safety will always be the top priority. Please note that on days that are overwhelming, don’t feel like you have to go through all 4 steps (prayer in the morning, 1st theme exploration, 2nd theme exploration, prayer in the afternoon). Instead, make prayer your priority and try these steps:
- Have your child begin their day in prayer with Ms. Wu on Class Dojo
- Fill your child’s day with activities that are chosen by you (and are manageable for your child)
- Have your child end their day in prayer with Mrs. D on Class Dojo
- Email Mrs. D and myself at the end of the day to let us know that your child watched the prayers.
- On days like this, we will count your child watching their prayers as their “submission” assignment.
- Submission Assignment- There will be ONE submission assignment each day either to your child’s Class Dojo portfolio, or via email to Mrs. D and myself (this will be the “attendance” for each day)
- Please note: If you are submitting an assignment on Class Dojo, kindly upload it to the correct activity on your “To Do” list. Otherwise, it won’t show that it has been submitted and we wouldn’t want to miss any assignments!
- Zoom- We are sad that we were not able to have the class together for Circle Time this week. Just a friendly reminder that Zoom meetings have been postponed until we receive the new version from the Ministry of Education. Once we have more information, we will relay this to you.
- Friday, April 24th– Interim Progress Reports emailed home
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
Miss Wu & Mrs. Dos Santos