Dear Grade 6 Families,
It was lovely to celebrate Ms. Carroll’s birthday with the class this week. The children were very excited for her and she is very thankful to be teaching in such a caring community.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read 30 minutes everyday both silently and aloud
- Rewrite paragraph with spelling and grammatical errors for Tuesday, October 29
- Self-reflection on Competencies due on Tuesday
- Complete pg.80 questions 1, 3 and 4 on Google Classroom for Tuesday
- Review La Comptine des Amis for Monday, October 28
- Complete Constellations worksheet for Wednesday, October 30
- Residential Schools essay is due on Monday, October 28 (you will get some time to finish peer editing on Monday)
- Include references: books and websites used (place under peer editing table)
- Worksheet on latitude and longitude – due Monday
- Exit ticket on continents, oceans, lines of latitude and lines of longitude will be on Tuesday (review your work)
- Review Elements of Art flip book on lines
- Complete: Draw a line that comes to mind for Wednesday
- Hot Lunch – Monday, October 28 (bring your own utensils)
- See PE blog for Volleyball practices, games and playoffs
- Oct. 31 – Halloween treats – bring a treat for everyone, wrap each treat individually, nut free, to be consumed at home. Costumes should be modest, respectful and free of offensive language. No weapons, blood, slime, no witches, ghosts, goblins, zombies or scary monsters. No big hats, wide wigs, no face masks. Students also have the option to wear black and orange if they are not comfortable in wearing a costume.
- Walkathon Prize Assembly – Friday, November 1 @9am
- Interim reports go home – Friday, November 1
Have a lovely weekend!
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll