Dear Grade 6 Families,
The students had a wonderful time as Mrs. Mallari piqued the students’ interest with a STEM challenge. Congratulations to Isabel, Joshua, Kyle, Samantha and Petra as this group had the tallest, free-standing structure using 4 marshmallows, 40 pieces of spaghetti, some string and tape. There was much excitement in the class as the students were given 6 minutes to complete this activity.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read everyday for 30 minutes both silently and aloud
- Review paragraph writing and traits of writing
- Salvation History: writing draft – due Tuesday
- Complete questions #12 (a, b, c) and 14 – due Tuesday
- L’Action de Grâce – fine-line and colour (see checklist) – due Thursday
- Residential Schools essay (draft format) – finish off your paragraph writing on the history of Residential Schools – due Tuesday
- Thank you trees – due Wednesday (include a T-chart (Language/ Culture) either typed or hand written on the back of the assignment. Create an interesting background.
- Solar System walk forms due Tuesday, October 15
- Learning Conference Day – Friday, October 18
- Instant Challenge – October 21
- Scholastic – due October 21
- Parent Volleyball Night – Friday, Oct. 25 (6-9pm)
- Check PE Blog for volleyball playoff times
- No school on Monday, October 14
As we celebrate Thanksgiving with our family and friends this weekend, let us reflect upon all of our many blessings and thank the Lord for all that He has given us.
Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Grade 6 Families!
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll