Dear Grade 6 Families,
It was wonderful to see so much excitement from the students, staff and all of our St. Paul community families yesterday as we celebrated Halloween. It was a day full of laughter and good times. The costumes the students wore were great. I loved seeing everyone’s creativity. Congratulations to our St. Paul community once again for all that you do for the school. The big reveal happened today with regards to our Walkathon and it was absolutely spectacular the amount of money raised: $76,059.55. This money will go to seismic upgrading for our school. Thank you very much. Everything that you do is much appreciated. Stay tuned for our Grade 6 pizza party.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read everyday for 30 minutes both quietly and aloud. Try reading a few myths.
- Practice your skit for La Comptine des Amis. Presentation will be on Thursday, Nov. 7 (bring costumes).
- Finish your Halloween word search. Colorie la citrouille orange.
- Work on your myth story a little bit everyday over the weekend
- Peer edits will happen on Tuesday, Nov. 5
- Due date: Wednesday, Nov.6 (see Google Classroom)
- Sign your Social Studies Mapping skills quiz for Monday, Nov. 4
- Bad hair day – Line Art: bring a close up of a famous person’s face (sports, dancer, actor etc.) or you can choose to do yourself. Make sure it is a coloured photo. Due: Wednesday, Nov. 6
- Remembrance Day Assembly – Friday, Nov. 8 (10:45) – students can wear cadets, scouts or girl guide uniforms that day
- Hot Lunch – Monday, Nov. 4 (bring utensils)
- No school – Monday, Nov. 11 (Remembrance Day)
- No school – Tuesday, Nov.12 (Pro-D Day)
- VSO Field trip – Thursday, Nov.14
- Volleyball playoffs – see PE blog
Enjoy the weekend!
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll