Dear Grade 6 Families,
This Wednesday we began our Lenten season. Father Luterbach has provided the students with a purple bracelet as a reminder of the ways in which we can grow closer to Jesus through prayer, fasting and almsgiving. All families are encouraged to attend daily mass at 8:15 during the season of Lent.
The Grade 6 class will be leading Daily Morning Mass (March 2-6).
Jacob Imoo’s presentation entitled, “Rollin’ with God” showed the students that with hard work, never giving up, finding something that you’re passionate about and putting God first is a win-win situation in all that you strive to do.
The students got a little taste of how challenging working in space is by doing a few activities wearing a helmet and thick gloves during our Scientific Method of Inquiry. Good collaboration was seen by everyone.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read 30 minutes both quietly and aloud
- No computer access for Iqbal chapter 7 due to students being off topic
- Mixed and Improper fractions: Question #4 pg. 164 and Questions #6-7 pg. 165 – due Monday
- Sign: Les Passe-Temps Évaluation for Monday
- Finish off Working in Space experiment for a few students who have one more activity to complete – Monday
- Have all of your circles for your mobile coloured for Wednesday
- Bring pliers on Wednesday
- Bring items for making instruments on Monday
- Monday, March 2: Hot Lunch Serving (bring your own utensils)
- Tuesday, March 3: St. Patrick’s Secondary School Choir Performance @ 10:00
- Friday, March 6: Scholastic Book Orders due
- Friday, March 6: Fukuroku Hot Lunch Serving
- Monday, March 9: Hot Lunch Serving (bring your own utensils)
- Badminton – see PE Blog
Enjoy the weekend!
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll