Dear Grade 6 Families,
The students have put on their creative thinking hats this week, planning and designing a mobile, inspired by Alexander Calder. I enjoyed seeing the collaboration of students as they were cutting the wires with their pliers.
I am pleased with how the students peer-edited their assignment on First Nations Principles of Good Governance. They were very focused as they typed their paragraphs in class. I am looking forward to seeing their drawings for each of the different sections. See rubric on Google classroom.
The students will be presenting Une Courtepointe de l’Amitié (les passe-temps) on Monday. Both sentences need to be memorized.
Homework for this weekend includes:
- Read 30 minutes both quietly and aloud
- Test on Area, Perimeter and Volume – Tuesday
- Présentations: Une Courtepointe de l’Amitié – to be memorized – Monday
- Complete worksheet: Une Courtepointe Traditionnelle Acadienne – Monday
- The Scientific Method of Inquiry – review notes on green coloured paper
- Complete worksheet: Understanding Parts of an Experiment #1-7 for Tuesday
- Bring thick gloves for Monday
- Assignment: First Nations Principles of Good Governance is due Tuesday
- Fine-line your drawings
- Bring pliers for Wednesday
- Hot Lunch – February 24 (bring your own utensils)
- Vancouver Art Gallery Forms are due – February 24
- Pink Shirt Day – February 25 (Anti-bullying day)
- Ash Wednesday Mass – February 26 @ 11:00am – please join us
- Lenten Masses begin @ 8:15am – February 27 (Students are encouraged to attend daily mass)
- Hot Lunch Orders due February 27 (April-June)
- Basketball – see PE blog
Enjoy the weekend!
Mrs. Caprilli and Ms. Carroll