Hello Grade Five Families!
I am looking forward to seeing you on Tuesday at Meet the Teacher Night. We will meet first in the Parish Centre gym at 6:30pm and then move into the classrooms for presentations by the teachers. Each teacher will make their presentation twice to accommodate families who have more than one child attending St. Paul’s this year. Just a reminder that this is an adults-only evening – thank-you!
Please check the PE blog for the schedule for extra-curricular practices this week. Mr. Kelly has also posted the times, dates, and locations for the girls’ volleyball games to the school calendar. The boys’ games will be posted when they are available. Their season games usually don’t begin until mid-October.
Here are some notes and reminders for this week:
- the school is closed for the National Day of Mourning for Queen Elizabeth II
- all library books due
- Walkathon volunteer forms due
- Meet the Teacher Night ~ 6:30pm in the Parish Centre gym
- PE class
- you are welcome to join us for our 9:15am school Mass ~ please make sure that your child has their sweater for all school Masses
- PE class
Looking ahead to next week:
- Tuesday September 27 ~ the girls’ volleyball team will have their first game at St. Joseph the Worker School (parents are responsible for their daughter’s transportation to St. Joe’s at 2:50pm and home from St. Joe’s at 4:30pm)
- Wednesday September 28 ~ Orange Shirt Day (non-uniform day) with an Assembly at 1:15pm led by Grade 5 and Grade 1
- Thursday September 29 ~ Walkathon Day with dismissal at 12:15pm
- Friday September 30 ~ school is closed for the National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
Please continue to collect pledges for our school Walkathon. This is a very important fundraiser for our school community. Thank-you!
Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions, concerns, or information to share.
See you on Tuesday!
Mrs. Kelly 🙂