Hello Grade Five Families!
What a wonderful first week back to school! The students have transitioned very well back into the routines and I am looking forward to accompanying them on their learning journey this year. They are a fabulous group with whom to begin my life as a Grade 5 teacher.
Please be sure to check the PE blog carefully this weekend and make note of the extra-curricular practices that your child will be attending during the week. Because of the staff attending Outdoor Education with the Grade 7s, the Grade 5 boys will only have one volleyball practice. If your child brings home their PE shoes to use at a before or after school practice, please make sure that they bring their PE shoes back to school the following day. Students wear their PE strip for extra-curricular practices so if your child comes to a morning practice in their PE strip they must have the rest of their uniform in their backpack. Thank-you!
There were many things that needed to be brought or returned to school this past week, so please check that you have sent in the following:
- a photo for the birthday board
- forms from the school office in the brown envelope
- Walkathon volunteer form
- volleyball permission form
- cross-country permission form
Here are some notes for the upcoming week:
- return any missing items from the above list
- photo day ~ students must be wearing the complete school uniform including their sweater, and hair accessories must match the school uniform
- PE class
- first visit to the school library (bringing home a book is optional)
- 9:15am Mass ~ please join us if you can!
- PE class
- PE class
Save the Date: Looking far into the future…our class will have a St. Nicholas Day Party on December 6 and we are very hopeful that parents will be able to join us this year. More details will follow in November.
Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions, concerns, or information to share.
Looking forward to a great year of working with all of the Grade 5 families!
Wishing you a restful and fun weekend!
Mrs. Kelly 🙂