Hello Grade 5 Families!
I am sure that there is a lot of excitement in your homes this weekend as Halloween celebrations begin. As Catholics, it is important to remember that Halloween is actually All Hallow’s Eve which is the first of three very special days traditionally referred to as Allhallowtide. October 31 is All Hallow’s Eve which is the night before All Saints’ Day which is celebrated on November 1. The conclusion of Allhallowtide is November 2 which is All Souls’ Day. We pray to and for those who have died, and ask for their guidance as we journey toward our home in heaven.
This past week we have completed two of the lesson modules in the Open Parachute program – worries and how worries affect our bodies. If you have not yet set up your parent account, please refer to my previous emails and let me know if you need a new link to the Open Parachute site. Thank-you!
Some of the students indicated that they will be bringing treats for their classmates on Monday for Halloween. Please make sure that anything that is brought to school is nut-free. Thank-you!
Please note the following for this week:
Monday ~ Halloween!
- students may come to school wearing a Halloween costume or orange and black clothes ~ please see the Thursday letter for costume guidelines
- the students will have PE class, but do not need their PE strip
- Yummy Slice hot lunch for those who ordered
Tuesday ~ All Saints’ Day!
- please return any school library books that may be at home
Wednesday ~ All Souls’ Day!
- PE class ~ PE strip is needed
- Assembly at 1:15pm ~ please join us!
- 9:15am school Mass ~ please join us!
- Sacrament of Reconciliation for the students after recess
- PE class ~ PE strip needed
- Fukuroku hot lunch for those who ordered
- Grade 5 boys’ volleyball tournament at St. Paul’s after school
- Online Interim Report Day ~ more details will be sent later in the week
Please check the PE blog for details about extra-curricular activities this week.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns, or information to share.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and have a super week ahead!
Mrs. Kelly 🙂