Hi Grade 5 Families!
It’s hard to believe that it’s already October! It has been a great first month and here’s to an even better second month! On Friday, had a wonderful Walkathon, being blessed with beautiful weather! The children were very enthusiastic all around but with the hot sun and long walk, so I’m sure they had a great rest Friday night- I know I did! Thank you again to the families that were able to join us for the day; whether it was walking with us, helping at a checkpoint or sending us off in the morning; your love and support is always appreciated!
Reminder to please send any snapshots of the day! I’d love to seem some!
This week’s feature image is the children having their deserved break and snack at Garden City Park during Friday’s Walkathon. What a beautiful day!
This week at a glance:
- Pro-D Day – No School
- Photo Day – Please be sure to wear your school sweaters!
- Music with Mr. Yang
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- CISVA Cross Country Meet – For those who were chosen
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00 pm
- Father Benedict visit
- French with Madame Caprilli
- Music with Mr. Yang
- Health with Mr. Kelly
- Buddies with Grade 2
- Assembly @ 9 am led by Grade 6
- St. Paul/St. Joe’s Garry Point Fun Run @ 12:30 – 3 pm – Dismissal from Garry Point
- Top Marks Customer Service Day @ 3 – 5 pm in Parish Centre, Room 4
- Thanksgiving – No School
- Reading: Continue to read for 30 minutes each day!
- Google Classroom: Please continue to check there for Classroom Updates
- Art: Bring an art smock/shirt on Wednesday, October 3rd
- French: Les Repas/La Journeé worksheet due Thursday, October 4th
- Library Books: Reminder that books are due every Monday
- Parent Questionnaire: I’m still missing a few questionnaires. If you need another form, please let me know and I can send one home.
- Blogs: Continue to check the PE and Grade 5 Blog for updates on the classroom, volleyball and cross country!
- October 8th – Thanksgiving – No School
- October 15th – Hot Lunch Serving
- October 19th – Parent Volleyball Night @ 6 – 10 pm
- October 22nd – Hot Lunch Serving
- October 25th – School Mass lead by Grade 5 @ 11 am
- October 26th – Assembly lead by Grades 5 & 2
- October 29th – Hot Lunch Serving
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!