Hello Grade Five Families!
This Sunday we celebrate the Feast of Christ the King. It is the last Sunday of the liturgical year and a time to reflect on the glory and majesty of our Lord Jesus and our relationship with Him.
This year, Sunday November 20 also happens to be Fr. Felix’s birthday! If you see him at Mass this weekend, please remind your child to wish Fr. Felix a very happy birthday since we did not get the chance to see him on Friday.
We are just finishing the lessons about worries, anxiety and resilience in the Open Parachute program. If you have not yet had the opportunity to listen to the parent audio recordings or watch the video about resilience, I would encourage you to do so. There have been some updates to the Open Parachute website, so please let me know if you need a new link to enter the parent portal. Thank-you for your support of this program!
Please note the following reminders for the upcoming week:
- Yummy Pizza hot lunch for those who ordered
- the boys’ volleyball team will leave at 12:15pm for their playoff games at St. Bernadette’s (they will eat their lunch before leaving at 12:15pm)
- PE class
- please remind your child to return any school library books that they have at home
- the students will have Music class with Mr. Kelly instead of PE
- all students must return their Spelling duo-tangs today (new words will be sent home on Monday)
- 9:15am Mass ~ please join us for the Kindergarteners’ first time doing the readings at Mass!
- the students will have PE class today instead of Music
- no school for students as the school staff will be attending Professional Development meetings
Please email me at email@example.com if you have any questions, concerns, or information to share.
Have a wonderful weekend and week ahead!
Mrs. Kelly 🙂