Hello Grade 5 Families!
The children had a fantastic Grade 5 Boys vs. Girls volleyball challenge on Monday! I came to watch for a bit and it looked like a lot of fun! We also had a wonderful Remembrance Day celebration led by Grade 7s, it was very reverend and a good reminder of the why continue to live in peace and harmony.
Our featured image this week is our Hallway Art. We had discussed Remembrance Day and the significance of the poppy. We found out that poppies look different in different countries and used that as inspiration for our art!
This week at a glance:
- Remembrance Day – No School
- Professional Development Day – No School
- Mr. O’Malley in for Miss G
- LifeTouch Photo Retake Day – please see bottom for more information
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00 pm
- French with Madame Caprilli
- Intermediate Field trip to the VSO at the Orpheum @ 10:30 – 1:45
- Buddies with Grade 2
- Assembly led by Staff @ 9 am
- Miss G Away at Volleyball – Mr. O’Malley will be in!
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Continue to check Google Classroom for work and assignments
- Photo Retake Day: If you would like to retake your school photo, please be sure to have your original photos and forms to bring
- Christmas School Project: A reminder to please send in your donations of 2 adult gloves and 1 kids toque for the school wide Christmas Project, by Thursday, November 14th. As well, if you have any warm blankets and gently used coats that you no longer need, please send those to school by Wednesday, November 20th. I have attached the notice that was sent home from the office for your reference
- November 18th – Hot Lunch Serving
- November 20th – Dress Down Day – Favourite Animal
- November 21st – School Mass @ 11 am
- November 22nd – Professional Development Day – No School
- November 25th – Hot Lunch Serving
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!