Hi Grade 5 Families!
We had a wonderful celebration during St. Paul Feast Day this past Friday; with Mass, lunch and a school-wide Bingo game! It’s always lovely to gather together as a community to celebrate our school saint! This week, we look forward to our last Grouse Trip and a dress down day!
This week’s featured image is from our visit from the Richmond Orchestra. They performed the Harry Potter and Star Wars theme songs, as well as the Carnival of the Animals by composer Camille Saint-Saëns. The children have been studying the song in Music class and it was a wonderful experience to hear it from a live orchestra and have the different instrumentation explained!
This week at a glance:
- Hot Lunch Serving – reminder to please bring your own utensil
- French with Madame Caprilli
- Music with Miss Rumpel
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Early dismissal @ 2 pm
- Grade 5/6 Grouse Trip #4
- Dress Down Day – Star Wars Theme
- Assembly @ 9 am – led by Grade 6 & Kindergarten – You’re welcome to join us
- Read for at least 30 minutes each day
- Google Classroom: Please continue to check your Google Classroom account for assignments marked, returned and/or missing
- Hot Lunch: Reminder to bring your own reusable utensil if you ordered hot lunch
- Grouse Trip: A reminder to please meet at the covered area, as the bus leaves at 7:30 am. If you are not there are on time, the bus will leave and you will have to make your own way to Grouse. The children are reminded to have a packed lunch; something disposable with easy clean up. As well, children with their own equipment are responsible for carrying and accounting for it!
- Star Wars Theme Dress Down Day: Our donations from our dress down day this coming Friday, January 31, will go to the Redemptorist Mater Seminary. Children can come in any Star Wars theme outfit or shirt that day.
- February 3rd – Hot Lunch Serving
- February 7th – Communicating Student Learning Progress Reports sent home
- February 10th – Hot Lunch Serving
- February 12th – Unstoppable Tracy Assembly
- February 13th – Catholic Educators Conference – No School
- February 14th – Catholic Educators Conference – No School
- February 17th – Professional Development Day – No School
- February 21st – Dress Down Day – Superhero theme
- February 24th – Hot Lunch Serving
- February 26th – Ash Wednesday School Mass @ 11 am
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!