Hi Grade 5 Families!
It was quite unusual for both the children and myself to only be in the classroom on Monday and Friday this week, with our second Grouse Trip and not one, but two snow days! I hope you were able to get some rest and enjoy the snow! This week, we look forward to a Pro-D Day and our St. Paul Feast Day!
This week’s featured image is the view from the Grade 5 Classroom. Upon arrival on Friday morning, I snapped a photo of our view, of the (mostly) untouched snow from the 2-day snow fall! Snow always add an extra layer of excitement, and light, to the classroom! If you look closely, you can see our Grade 6 teacher, Miss Carroll, in her pink jacket, making her way to the school building 😄!
This week at a glance:
- Professional Development Day – No School
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Grade 5/6 Grouse Trip #3
- Top Marks Customer Service Day @ 2-4 pm
- French with Madame Caprilli
- Health with Mr. Kelly
- Music with Ms. Rumpel
- Buddies with Grade 2’s
- School Mass @ 10:30 am – led by Grade 4s – Please join us!
- St. Paul Feast Day Luncheon – Please read reminders below
- Read for at least 30 minutes each day
- Google Classroom: Please continue to check your Google Classroom account for assignments marked, returned and/or missing
- Grouse Trip: A reminder to please meet at the covered area, as the bus leaves at 7:30 am. If you are not there are on time, the bus will leave and you will have to make your own way to Grouse. The children are reminded to have a packed lunch; something disposable with easy clean up. As well, children with their own equipment are responsible for carrying and accounting for it!
- St. Paul Feast Day Lunch: A reminder for those attending our Feast Day Luncheon, we will have lunch in the gym after Mass and your children will come meet there. For those who are unable to join us, a reminder to please provide a lunch for your children that day.
- January 24th – St. Paul’s Feast Day Mass @ 11 am
- January 27th – Hot Lunch Serving
- January 30th – Grade 5/6 Grouse Trip #4
- January 31st – Dress Down Day – Star Wars theme
- February 3rd – Hot Lunch Serving
- February 7th – Communicating Student Learning Progress Reports sent home
- February 10th – Hot Lunch Serving
- February 12th – Unstoppable Tracy Assembly
- February 13th – Catholic Educators Conference – No School
- February 14th – Catholic Educators Conference – No School
- February 17th – Professional Development Day – No School
- February 21st – Dress Down Day – Superhero theme
- February 24th – Hot Lunch Serving
- February 26th – Ash Wednesday School Mass @ 11 am
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!