Hello Grade Five Families!
I hope that you all had a wonderful week. Today for Black Excellence Day the Grade 5 class heard about holy people who are saints or on their way toward sainthood as well as Black Canadians who have made an impact on our country through their politics, athleticism, and/or advocacy. We will continue to learn about their history in Canada during our upcoming immigration unit.
We will be going skiing on Wednesday January 18. Please make sure that your child is at school no later that 7:25am that morning with everything that they need for the day. Pick-up is at 3:15pm in the covered area. Please refer to Mr. Kelly’s previous emails and blog post about skiing for more information. If you have volunteered to supervise on January 18, please let me know if you and your child will be remaining at Grouse Mountain after the class leaves at 2:00pm. Thank-you!
The students have a French project due on Tuesday January 17. Please ask them to show you the assignment on their French Google Classroom account because this is a project that requires input from the whole family.
Please note the following reminders for the upcoming week:
- PE class ~ PE strip is needed
- please remind your child to return any school library books that they may have at home
- Ski Day at Grouse Mountain from 7:25am – 3:15pm
- please join us for Mass at 9:15am in the Church ~ Grade 5s are reading at Mass this week
- spelling is due today and we will have the Unit 4 test after recess
- White Spot hot lunch for those who have ordered
- no school ~ Professional Development Day
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns or information to share.
Have a great weekend and week ahead!
Mrs. Kelly 🙂