Hi Grade 5 Families,
What a turn of events this week, with the snow days and unplanned extra long weekend! I think this is the first ever 1-day school week! Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things next week!
Our featured image this week is from our mini lesson on Figurative Language. We have been reading “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” and have been analyzing Roald Dahl’s descriptive writing style. We have started to write descriptions of our own fun characters using figurative language! Can’t wait to see how their writing evolves!
This week at a glance:
- Family Day – No School
- Professional Development Day – No School
- Vocabulary Quiz – Week 3
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Early Dismissal @ 2 pm
- French with Madame Caprilli
- School Mass @ 11 am led by Grade 1 – Please join us!
- Music with Mr. Yang
- Hot Lunch Serving (In lieu of February 11th missed Hot Lunch)
- Assembly @ 9 am – Please join us
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Reading: Continue to read for at least 30 minutes each day!
- Hot Lunch: Forms for the next round of Hot Lunch are due Wednesday, February 20th.
- D.A.R.E: Please go through and complete Lesson 5, p. 13-16 in your D.A.R.E with mom &/or dad by Wednesday, February 20th. If you do not have your book, do not worry, we will have class time next week to review and discuss.
- Google Classroom: Please check Google Classroom for returned and/or missing assignments. Make revisions and re-submit them.
- Communicating Student Learning Progress Reports: CSL Progress Reports were sent home. A reminder to please return report covers and envelopes by Friday, February 22nd.
- Cold Weather Wear: Reminder with the cold weather to have all appropriate outerwear; jackets, scarves, toques, gloves, boots, etc.
- February 25th – Hot Lunch Serving
- February 27th – Anti-Bullying – Pink Shirt Dress Down Day
- March 4th – Hot Lunch Serving
- March 6th – Ash Wednesday – School Mass
- March 11th – Hot Lunch Serving
- March 15th – Last Day of School before Spring Break
- March 18th – 29th Spring Break
- April 1st – First Day Back after Spring Break
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!