Hi Grade 5 Families!
Happy 3rd week of Advent and last week of school before break!
We have an exciting and busy week, with our Christmas Concert, School Mass and the last day of school!
Our featured image this week is from our Advent Party! Thank you to our Homeroom Parents – Mrs. Lam and Mrs. Baron for planning and organizing! And thank you to all of your for providing food and helping with the party!
This week at a glance:
- N0 Hot Lunch
- French with Madame Caprilli
- Christmas Concert Rehearsal
- Pizza Lunch Provided by Addun Family in celebration for Ella’s Birthday!
- Christmas Concert Dress Rehearsal/Matinee @ 1 pm
- Christmas Concert @ 7 pm – please arrive by 6:15 pm
- PE with Mr. Kelly
- Early Dismissal @ 2:00 pm
- Mass @ 11 am – led by Grade 3
- Buddies with Grade 2
- Last day of school before break!
- Ugly Christmas Sweater/Red & Green Dress Down – please bring a $2 donation
- Assembly @ 9 am – led by Staff
- Dismissal @ 12 noon
- Read for at least 30 minutes each day
Mason Jar for Art: Please send in 1 mason jar on Monday, December 16, for art next week! They should be the jars that hold approximately 8 oz and have that specific type of lid.If you do not have one, you can get one from the dollar store. They often come in packs of 3, so you can share with other families! Please check Google Classroom for more information and photos.
Secret Santa: Exchange date is on Friday, December 20th; but to ensure that each child receives their gift, please send the gift to school no later than Wednesday, December 18th.
Christmas Concert: Christmas Concert is near! Please read and refer to Mrs. Moorehead’s email regarding the concert.The children will be wearing their costumes during the Tuesday, matinee show at 1 pm and and they will wear them home. I ask that the children come back to school wearing the same clothing for the evening performance.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Dress Down & Donation: On Friday, December 20th! Children are invited wear their Ugly Christmas Sweaters or in green and/or red! Donations of $2 can be sent in starting on Monday, December 16th. Donations will be going to the BC Fire Fighters Burn Fund.
- January 6th – First Day Back
- January 6th – Hot Lunch Serving
- January 8th – Grade 5/6 Grouse Trip #1
- January 13th – Hot Lunch Serving
- January 14th – Grade 5/6 Grouse Trip #2
- January 15th – 16th – Miss G Away at Foundations Retreat
- January 16th – Assembly led by Grade 5&2
- January 20th – Professional Development Day – No School
- January 22nd – Grade 5/6 Grouse Trip #3
- January 22nd – Top Marks Customer Service Day @ 2-4 pm
- January 24th – St. Paul’s Feast Day Mass @ 11 am
- January 27th – Hot Lunch Serving
- January 30th – Grade 5/6 Grouse Trip #4 – tentative date
- January 31st – Dress Down Day – Star Wars theme
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!