Hello Grade Five Families!
This Sunday we celebrate the third Sunday of Advent – the week of joy and rejoicing! I hope that this is a week of true joy for everyone as we get closer to Christmas.
Please have a look at our ClassDojo for some updates from last week. There will be more updates coming this week so please be sure to check-in to the ClassDojo class story at the end of the week.
We have a very busy week coming up so please read the following information carefully:
- any missing costumes for the Christmas Concert and donations for BlanketBC must be brought in by your child when they arrive in the morning
- there is no PE today
- Yummy Pasta hot lunch for those who ordered ~ please send in cutlery with your child
Tuesday ~ Christmas Concert Day
- students arrive at the regular time in the morning wearing their school uniform
- the afternoon performance begins at 1:00pm in the gym
- Grade 5 students will wear their costume clothes home at the end of the day (3:00pm)
- students return to school by 6:10pm wearing the same costume clothes that they wore home
- after the evening performance, please pick-up your child from the classroom
- please read Mrs. Moorehead’s email (sent December 8) for more information and details about Tuesday
- last day to send in a treat for the class gift exchange (please read my email from December 3 for details)
- PE class ~ PE strip needed
- we will have our last buddy activity before Christmas today so if your child is bringing a Christmas gift for their buddy, please send it today (this is completely optional and the Grade 5s have already made a card for their buddy)
- please join us for our last school Mass of 2022 beginning at 9:15am in the Church
- please send in an extra “fun” snack for your child to eat when the students watch a Christmas movie in the afternoon (they will not be sharing these snacks)
- this is a non-uniform day and students may wear red and green clothes as well as “ugly Christmas sweaters”
- please join us for the Assembly at 9:15am
- dismissal is at 12:00pm today
Thank-you for your cooperation and support for all that is going on during this very busy time of the school year. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, concerns or information to share.
Have a joyful week!
Mrs. Kelly 🙂