Hi Grade 5 Families,
Can you believe it’s already the end of the year? We had another exciting week with our field trip to the Richmond Recycling Depot and a Fun Day/Parent Appreciation Day! We were blessed with beautiful, sunny days for both events! This week, we look forward to our school Mass, Swimming at Watermania and, of course, the last day of school!
Our featured image this week is from our Step Up Day. This past week, while I spent some time with the Grade 4s, the Grade 5s spent some time in Grade 6! They got to hear from Madame Caprilli and Ms. Carroll about what sort of activities they will do next year and they got to to spend 1:1 time with a Grade 6 student! It was a great way for them to ease into Grade 6 life this coming September!
This week at a glance:
- Step Up Day Continuation – we will partner up with a Grade 4 student to give them a glimpse of Grade 5 life in September!
- Music with Mr. Yang
- Mass led by Grade 7 @ 11 am – Join us!
- Intermediate Watermania Trip – please see details below*
- Last Day Before Summer Break – dismissal @ 12 noon
- Assembly @ 9 am – Join us!
- Communicating Student Learning Progress Reports sent home
- Reading: Continue to read for at least 30 minutes each day!
- Active Pass: A reminder to students to bring their Active Pass to school. If you do not have one, you can go to any Richmond community centre and get one for free (it’s free for students in Grade 5). It will help greatly during our upcoming Intermediate trip to Watermania.
- Watermania Trip: A reminder we have our field trip on Wednesday, June 26th
- Students are to meet at Watermania by 9:45 am
- Please bring a water bottle; pizza lunch will be provided in a Facility Room at Watermania
- Pack items in a backpack; swimwear, towel, aquatic footwear, etc.
- Pick up @ 12:45; unless you have a sibling in Grade 6 or 7, pick up can be at 1:15 pm
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!