Dear Grade Four Families,
It has been another productive and busy week in the Grade Four classroom. The students are starting to get used to our daily routines, and we are now able to focus on learning new things. They are especially loving the use of technology. They get so excited to use the Chromebooks in class!
On Monday, I will introduce your child to their Raz-Kids account. My hope is for your child to use it for READING and to work on their COMPREHENSION SKILLS. For each book, they have a choice to read the book or listen to it being read. I want the students to always choose to READ the book first. Then, I want them to complete the quiz after reading. If they do not do well on the quiz, that’s when I want them to go back and LISTEN to the book, then retake the quiz. If they do well on the quiz, they don’t have to listen to the book. They can move on and choose another book. The expectation is for the kids to read at least 20 minutes 5 times a week.
Here are the reminders for the week:
- return library books
- Liturgical Year, Colours, and Seasons quiz today
- Google Classroom assignment for Science: Key Term (Vocabulary) for Sensing and Responding
- make sure to explain the key terms with words the students understand
- C-skills pages 1-5 due today
- French worksheet: numbers due today
- Meet the Teacher Night – 6:00pm in the gym (please send one parent to the meeting)
- I look forward to seeing you!
- September Personal Project due today
- Quiz on pictographs and bar graphs today
- Dismissal at 2pm
- Sushi Hot Lunch for those who ordered
Oct. 8 – Photo Day
Oct. 9 – Pro-D (no school)
Oct. 12 – Thanksgiving Day (no school)
Enjoy the weekend!
Yours in Christ,