Dear Grade Four Families,
This week, we have been focusing on the different sacred items found around our church. Fr. Edwin gave us a tour into the sacristy this past Thursday, and the students had an opportunity to see the different vestments and layers of clothing that a priest has to wear when celebrating mass. They were extremely observant and fascinated by the room. They were especially drawn to the safe and the sacrarium (where they dispose sacred items that go directly into the ground). The students have also enjoyed working with Google slides, where they are currently working on a project called, “Inside St. Paul’s Parish.”
We also want to congratulate our cross country CISVA representatives: Justin, Connor, Kenneth, Lucas, Kristie, Beatrice, Amelia, and Prudence. They ran at Swangard Stadium this past Wednesday, and did amazingly well.
Here are the reminders for the week:
- Return library books
- Hot lunch for those who ordered
- Math: page 47 – 48 #1-5 & 9
- NO Cross-country practice today
- C-Skills pages 15-19 due today
- write the 3 paragraphs for page 16 in your blue notebook
- Cross-country practice from 3:oo – 3:45pm
- Walkathon form and money due today
- Fort Langley Field trip form due today
- Dismissal at 2pm
- Photo Day – wear complete uniform and sweater
- Health Education -wear gym strip
- Cross-country practice from 3:00 – 3:45pm
- Grade 4 & 1 assembly – please join us!
- GARRY POINT FUN RUN (for all cross-country participants)
- pick your child up from school at 12:30pm (or arrange a ride for your child – please inform me)
- meet at Garry Point
- students will run rain or shine – wear gym strip and layer up with a sweater and sweatpants
- if you have another child at school, pick your child up from Garry Point first, then head over to St. Paul School
- students are welcome to leave after their race
- please refer to the PE blog for more details
Field Trip to Fort Langley – Wednesday, Oct. 16
Learning Conference Day – Friday, Oct. 18th. No regular classes on this day. Appointment sign up opens on Friday, Oct. 11th at 9am.
Parent Volleyball Night – Save the date! Friday, Oct. 25th. More details to come.